CAD renderings of the new base model of the iPad, which Apple should introduce in the fall, have appeared on the Web. If these images are to be believed, the tablet will retain the traditionally wide bezels and the Touch ID button below the display.
There are plenty of changes too:
- the device will receive flat edges of the case, like the more expensive iPad models;
- additional speakers will appear on the upper end;
- the USB-C port will replace the traditional Lightning;
- the 3.5 mm audio jack will disappear;
- the camera will receive a new design, which, apparently, will be supplemented with an LED flash.
Insiders also note that the new screen should be slightly larger. The dimensions of the case will also change: 248.62 × 179.5 × 6.98 mm versus 250.6 × 174.1 × 7.5 mm for the current model.
These CAD renders are usually used to create cases and other accessories for the upcoming product. The images may not show all the important details, but they are usually quite consistent with the overall design of the device. In addition, the source in this case is quite authoritative.
We are waiting for more details about the new iPad closer to September.
Read also 🧐