Experts from the international marketing agency Kantar conducted a study among 2,570 young and middle-aged people and found out which music streaming services they use after the departure of foreign platforms.
Most often, former users of Google, Apple and Spotify chose Yandex Music. It has been switched to:
- 83% of former Apple Music subscribers
- 71% of YouTube Music subscribers;
- 65% of Spotify subscribers.
In second place in terms of popularity among new users was the VK Music platform, followed by MTS Music and Sound. And 14% of the users of the departed streaming sites switched to pirated resources.
Among the main qualities that former clients of foreign services paid attention to were recommendation algorithms, the availability of a free version of the platform, and additional streaming in the subscription. For example, new users of Yandex and VK often considered being part of a company’s ecosystem a virtue.
Kantar also noted:
- in January-February 2022, 83% of users listened to music on legal streaming, and now it is 78%;
- only pirated resources were used by 6.2% of survey participants at the beginning of the year and 10% now.
What service are you currently using? Write in the comments.
Read also 🧐