If you answer the question posed in the title directly, then the answer is simple: almost anywhere. Only this will be associated with a different number of problems. In some situations, the route will include many transfers, in others you need to have an already open visa on hand or be ready to receive it.
Obstacles may arise from both sides of the border. Therefore, it is important not to make a decision in a panic and choose a direction with a sober head.
Who may not be released from Russia
There are some restrictions on crossing the border – we have a detailed text on the categories of citizens who may be denied exit from the country. In short, this is:
- those who have debts, information about which came to the bailiffs;
- traveling with a child who was forbidden by the second parent to leave the country;
- people with outstanding criminal records;
- having restrictions on travel for work: admitted to state secrets, FSB officers, military personnel, and so on.
With the announcement of partial mobilization , it is not yet clear whether this list will expand. According to the law , those registered with the military from the moment the mobilization is announced, it is forbidden to leave their place of residence without the permission of the military commissars or authorities. However, officials say that the borders are not closed, although they admit that there is no final decision on this issue.
That is, in fact, just words are opposed to the law. But the mobilization in Russia is announced for the first time, so it is better to follow the news .
Which countries may not let a person with Russian citizenship into
Estonia, Lithuania, Latvia and Poland have banned entry to Russians, including on Schengen visas issued by other states. But the measure does not apply to everyone. Pass those who have good reasons for entry: visiting relatives, work, study, and so on.
Latvia, Lithuania, Estonia, Poland, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Denmark, Belgium and the Netherlands have also stopped accepting documents for tourist visas for Russians .
It is still possible to issue entry documents to other countries. It’s just that sometimes you need to move to another state for this: for example, Australia does not accept visa documents from Russians in Russia. But you can submit them in Belgrade.
Where can I leave Russia without a passport
If you do not have a passport, you can travel to the following countries:
- Abkhazia (partially recognized state);
- Armenia (with a Russian passport you can get into the country only by air);
- South Ossetia (partially recognized state).
Of course, you don’t even need a visa. At the same time, one should be more careful with partially recognized states. Information about their visit may become an obstacle to entry to some other countries.
Where can I leave Russia without a visa
In general, there are a lot of such countries. The full list can be found on the information website of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. It is most convenient to travel to countries with a maximum stay allowed without a visa. Now it is:
- Argentina – up to 90 days within 180 days;
- Brazil – up to 90 days within 180 days;
- Venezuela – up to 90 days within 180 days;
- Georgia – up to a year, and then you can cross the border and return for another year;
- Dominican Republic – up to 60 days within 180 days;
- Israel – up to 90 days within 180 days;
- Colombia – up to 90 days within 180 days;
- Maldives – up to 90 days;
- Morocco – up to 90 days;
- Mexico – up to 180 days;
- UAE – up to 90 days within 180 days;
- Paraguay – up to 90 days within 180 days;
- Peru – up to 90 days within 180 days;
- El Salvador – up to 90 days within 180 days;
- Tajikistan – indefinitely;
- Uzbekistan – up to 60 days, for stays longer than 15 days, temporary registration must be issued;
- Uruguay – up to 90 days within 180 days;
- Chile – up to 90 days within 180 days;
- Ecuador – up to 90 days within 180 days;
- South Africa – up to 90 days;
- South Korea – up to 60 days.
Where can I fly from Russia with a direct flight
For residents of the European part of Russia, the choice is small, since it is no longer possible to get to the EU countries without transfers. But there are options in the south and east. The following are the destinations where you can fly directly from Moscow:
- Serbia ;
For the Asian part of Russia, it is more difficult to choose a universal point of departure. Yes, and direct flights of the airline is not something that indulges. So it is better for the inhabitants of these territories to conduct an independent investigation.
Where to leave Russia across the land border
It would seem that the answer is simple: to any country with which we have this same land border. But not exactly. For example, among the states of the European Union on the land of Russians, only Finland is ready to let them in.
So, for leaving the country are suitable:
- Finland. You need a Schengen visa. There are checkpoints in the Leningrad and Murmansk regions, as well as in Karelia.
- Norway. You need a Schengen visa, even though Norway is not a member of the EU. Checkpoint in the Murmansk region.
- Belarus . A Russian passport is enough. There are border crossing points in the Bryansk, Smolensk, and Pskov regions.
- Abkhazia (partially recognized state). A Russian passport is enough. The border can be crossed in the Adler district of Sochi.
- Georgia. Leave through North Ossetia. It is important not to do this through South Ossetia, which Georgia considers an occupied territory.
- South Ossetia (partially recognized state). A Russian passport is enough. Leave through North Ossetia.
- Azerbaijan. Leave through Dagestan.
- Kazakhstan . A Russian passport is enough. Travel through the Altai Territory, Astrakhan, Volgograd, Kurgan, Omsk, Orenburg, Saratov, Novosibirsk or Chelyabinsk regions.
- Mongolia. You can cross the border in the Republics of Altai, Buryatia and Tyva, as well as in the Trans-Baikal Territory.
Russia also has a long border with China. But foreigners are still reluctant to let in there due to coronavirus restrictions, although they promise to soften the rules.
Practice in the matter of moving is often more important than theory. Therefore, if you have recently left the country, tell us in the comments where and how. This can help a lot of people make a decision.
Read also 🚆🚘🛳